Monday, August 26, 2024

Mrs. Who Phase

 

In the past when I was making the choice about new frames for my glasses I tried to get the most flattering  one. Most of the time I chose the most unobtrusive pair, preferring to present my face rather than a mask, as much as possible.

I am slowly becoming aware that working with children is my thing. I like lots of things. There are many things I can do, but children make me the happiest. If you can help someone get their feet on the good path in their childhood you will save them so much grief. Things that are so hard to adopt in adulthood are simply accepted by children. The school I grew up in loved the quote, “It is easier to build a boy than mend a man.” Setting aside the sexism it is true. I’d like to build children.

Buying new glasses was different this time around. I bought them on line. They offered various ways to virtually try frames on, but I never quite got them working. In the end I just liked what appeared to be a light brown pair. It was a great experience, the glasses arrived swiftly and I love them. They are however, more of a mask. They remind one of Sybil Trelawny. I like to think of them as Mrs. Who from A Wrinkle in Time. Children do need some space from the adults in their lives. Adults carry all the broken things that come with maturity. 

No comments: