Saturday, January 20, 2024

Homesteading with the Zimmermans: The Rhythm of Life



 I’ve never been super drawn to the homesteading life. I like to read too much, but the grand mothering life is one of my fondest ambitions. I had terrific grandparents who knew how to dial it down to my rhythm. They were my favorite people in the world.

When I am so blessed as to have grandchildren, I want to remember the special patience and loving attention so I can live that with my little ones. Homesteading with the Zimmermans lives in that gentle patience. I can be a little frenetic, and Ruth Ann’s pacing is a steadying gauge. She teaches old time skills, sometimes directly to the viewer, sometimes to her children. Her home and farm are beautiful in a completely non-fussy way. I need to remember children are curious and they break things. 

Homesteading with the Zimmermans is a reset for busy lives. There are good things to learn, beautiful things to see and a quiet reminder that God is good. 


No comments: