Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Gotta Get Peggotty!

 

I watch a lot of Floss Tube, which concerns itself, mainly, with cross stitch. I do so because I like cross stitch, and I hope to become more proficient and more diligent in its production. I have discovered that I am not a fan of confetti, meaning when there are six colors for a leaf and they are all mixed up with each other. It’s beautiful what designers achieve with confetti, but I prefer sizable chunks of the same color that are easy to count. The Prairie Schooler design shop was the main shop I knew of for this kind of thing, but I like brighter colors

Wandering around the cross stitch world I found Mrs. Peggotty and I loved the lack of confetti, the bright colors and the fact that most all of her designs come from books I have read and enjoyed. I have committed to The Mad Hatter, and I can’t wait to get started. I am surprised that Mrs. Peggotty’s designs are not being stitched by Floss Tubers. I’d love to be stitching along with an expert. I’d also like to buy three or four more patterns, but my stash is as large as I can cope with now.

Browsing at Mrs. Peggotty’s Etsy shop is like leafing through a library. Jules Verne, Edgar Allen Poe, Louisa May Alcott, Lewis Carrol and Agatha Christie to name a few. The pieces are full-coverage, but of a manageable size with all those easy to stitch puddles of color. Do as you will I just feel a talented designer is being overlooked. 


https://www.etsy.com/search?q=mrs%20peggotty%20arts&ref=auto-1&as_prefix=mrs%20pegg

No comments: