Monday, January 08, 2024

Bossy Boots


I was having some trouble with blanking out, enough to go looking for solutions. Someone, somewhere on You Tube suggested listening to my body. It was a simple, doable solution, unlikely to cause harm, so I tried it. Surprisingly it has been very effective, so effective I wondered how I’d stopped listening in the first place. Upon reflection it seems it was a seemingly small decision based on the idea that my goals were spiritual and intellectual, therefore I didn’t need to listen to my body. 
What I am discovering in this new era of attentiveness is that the body has a lot to say and can be rather bossy. How I managed to hold her under all these years I do not know. Water, restrooms, movement, they are more important now. I still fight habits of “Can’t it wait a little longer?” I’m used to trampling over my bodily needs, but the rewards of giving in and focusing now are breaking those entrenched patterns. My body is riding in to save the day, at last.

No comments: