Friday, April 28, 2023

The Unshelved

I just wanted to say a fond farewell to the latest iteration of apple pop tarts. I have loved the apple flavor since kindergarten. It was nice to reconnect, but they seem to have gone back into the vault. 


Another lost treat is Marshal Mallow Hot Chocolate. It came and went quickly. They had it on sale for nothing, and Dad went crazy. He bought tons of it and we each got a huge sticker. He doled it out all winter. We looked for more when it finally ran out, but they’d gone out of business. The Swiss Miss had done him in.

Imagine this cookie in chocolate. I can’t remember what these were called, and I’m only marginally certain they were made be Keebler. They are like Oreos, but classy. The filling is a fudgey creme, and the wafers are a mix of dutch and natural cocoa, best I can guess. They were so good, and the vanilla version was on equal ground. They were addicting.


I guess that’s enough nostalgia for the discontinued. On to discover the new offerings.
 

No comments: