Sunday, April 09, 2023

Jesus Fan


 For April I am reading The Last Temptation of Christ. I hoped to read it cover to cover for Easter week. I am enjoying it and will review it later, but I set it aside as the big day grew closer. It just wasn’t my Jesus. It was also a lack luster Lent, and not in the good way. I have always taken the sacrifice of Jesus very seriously, but this year my best sacrifice was eating Cheerios for breakfast. I gave things up. I contemplated, but the best gifts were the ones I accepted from God rather than the ones I gave him. I love Catholicism because my inner relationship with God is accepted and nurtured. It is right to listen to the inner voice and to give it weight. 

My biggest insight this Holy Week was that there are times when God honestly leaves decisions up to me. My fear of disappointing God and missing the mark are useful guides, but there are times when either choice can bring God glory, and all things truly do work together for good. This Lent was about God’s patience with me, and I think I value that more than perfect practice.

No comments: