Thursday, May 23, 2024

Down in the Heart

 


Usually in this spot I recommend a YouTuber whose work I enjoy, but this time I’m going to post a shout out to one of my childhood’s greatest pleasures. My mother went off to a conference for Christian school teachers and picked up Dottie Rambo’s Down By the Creek Bank for me. A creek ran under our church/school so it was on the nose. It was love at first listen. I’d been on days to the country, and we all loved singing. Every song meant something to me as I listened to it over and over and over. The truth in those songs sank deep in my heart both guiding and comforting me.

My tape was completely worn out, so I rejoiced to find the album on YouTube. Give it a listen and play it for your kids.

https://youtu.be/Owr7_EfLHUo?feature=shared

No comments: