Monday, March 11, 2024

Claire Fenby-Warren, Book Maven

 

When I was trying to restart my reading habit I set aside my foray into Book Tube. I was overwhelmed by the books I already own and want to read, all these other choices flooding in made it feel impossible. I’m back on track partly due to my triple TBR lists, the hint of spring in the air and my new zettelkasten, so it was time to try again.

It helps to go with a friend and Ariel has been friends with Claire for many years and hairstyles. Claire’s taste in books is similar to mine which keeps the exploding Goodreads list at bay. She doesn’t mind repurchasing books in new editions, something I don’t do because I always have so many books that I want but don’t have. It is nice though to be caught up on the stylish editions. When I get better organized I might do a small collection for fancy’s sake. Something like John Donne in tobacco leather would be good or Enheduanna in gold leaf.

Claire is frequently joined by her husband Ben who is charming and seems perfectly suited to her. The bookish adventures they go on are enticing. Bath, York, London she is always at home. You might feel at home on her channel.

http://www.youtube.com/@Claire_Fenby


No comments: