Saturday, March 09, 2024

A Little More Global


 This is the latest addition to my collection of books about books. I’ve been particularly looking for books that recommend a course of reading for those of us who wish to be well-rounded. Choosing texts for my history through literature curriculum has been greatly aided by these books, but they fell short, generally when I expanded my interest out to the wider world wanting all cultures to be represented as much as is possible. Somehow I was connected with The Library of Humanity, and it has a much broader base especially of Asian books. The selection loses it’s inclusive flavor in the middle, but regains it, splendidly, in the modern sections.

I have expanded my list of books I want to read, and discovered many books I hope to recommend. This is a practical, direct resource. Each book or poem gets a page and then we roll on. If you are looking for a great books list that works hard to include Asian texts this will open many doors. If you just like to see what's out there, it’s a great window. This book will not waste your time.

Might read again.

No comments: