Saturday, May 06, 2023

Mia Moss: Pottery to the People


I have a crush on ceramics. It seems to be playing around with dirt which my mother will tell you has long been a favorite pastime. I do not discriminate between wheel projects or hand-building. It all looks like fun to me.
It’s especially fun when Mia is at the wheel. A person of lively energy and great imagination her projects feel fresh and doable. My favorite episodes are when she tackles projects from The Great Pottery Throwdown. Giving herself similar constraints she makes her own versions. I like the way she falls into and climbs out of the pitfalls built into the projects.
Some things I watch for content. Others I watch for the person creating the content. This channel is one of the later. You don’t have to love ceramics to enjoy it.
 https://www.youtube.com/c/PotterytothePeople

No comments: