Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Hidden Treasure

 

After joining Planet Fitness, it became obvious that my old gym bag for Curves was not as secure as I wanted for the locker room. I hunted through Amazon comparing features and prices for several days. I take bag shopping very seriously. :) I found a cute bag, that seemed to have what I needed. When it came I realized I had fallen into the classic Amazon mistake—it was smaller than I had thought. It didn’t matter at all except for one feature. The back of the main compartment has two pockets for organizing, but neither would fit my wallet. I thought about getting a wallet that would fit, but I’m sentimental about my current wallet. It is in pretty good shape overall. Several trips to the gym proved I didn’t need to worry about that. Throwing it into the main compartment worked just fine. 

In the struggle, I cleaned out my wallet, and discovered eight or nine gift cards. I thought they must be the three dollars left after a major purchase and some were, but there were some fat cards in there. I am enjoying using them up. While I’m careful with money, even gift card money, I’m more flexible and aspirational with gift money. So far I’ve been to a movie, bought a cross-stitch book, and a few other books from Barnes and Noble. I still have a few adventures left. What a happy surprise right before summer.



No comments: