Saturday, February 04, 2023

Heavenly Interior Designers

 

There's an old joke where in Heaven the cooks are French, the policemen are English, the mechanics are German, the lovers are Italian and the bankers are Swiss - whereas in Hell the cooks are English, the policemen are German, the mechanics are French, the lovers are Swiss and the bankers are Italian. Racial stereotyping aside I think the old joke needs amending, something along the lines of in heaven your interior designer is Canadian, because so many of my favorite designers are Canadian. I don’t know what they would be in hell, but I’ve seen them bring heaven to Earth. It’s probably part of the cold climate where you are stuck indoors long enough to figure a space out and make it right. 

There are lots of good designers that aren’t Canadian, but I was making a list of designers whose videos I like to watch, and it was Canadian after Canadian after Canadian. Well done Northern Neighbor. 

No comments: