Friday, February 10, 2023

Julian Baumgartner, Rescuer of Art

 

Baumgartner Restoration offers something for everyone. There is art, engineering, chemistry, woodworking, gilding, research, puns, cleaning, scraping, retouching and more. I am never bored. My parents wanted to expose me to high culture, so we would make pilgrimage to Washington, D.C. The Smithsonian and the National Gallery of Art became home places where I had favorite paintings that I looked forward to on every tour. The look of paint on canvas is something you can’t learn by looking at reproductions of famous images. Their kind attention to nurturing my love of art means I am geeked out by this behind the scenes tour of art as work. I like knowing about the bad canvas with the inadequate rabbit skin glue. I marvel at the power of the heat table. The cleaning and scraping are so familiar and satisfying. If you like art at all you will enjoy this channel. If you like high-stakes problem solving, you will like this channel. If you like rocky roads to happy endings, you will love this channel.

https://youtube.com/@BaumgartnerRestoration

No comments: