Wednesday, February 08, 2023

Takes a Minute



 I’m feverishly working on a literary adventure for children. It involves 24 children’s books, and it is taking longer than I expected. Most of the books are from the Who Is Series, and they don’t take long, but there are eight books that are from my childhood or childhood adjacent. I expected to fly through them, but so far they have proved very sticky, which is exactly what I want for my adventurers, but not so much for my schedule. What one reads as a child is so important. You never really stop learning from and about those first books. They become even more precious if they were read aloud to you by someone who loves you. My father was always so careful about what he read to me and to his students. I think he will be very proud of the use I am giving them. I hope so anyway.

No comments: