Sunday, January 08, 2023

Sailing Away

I have chosen and begun preparing my next cross-stitch project. I struggled a bit, but fell back on a family project based on my kids. Just Cross Stitching magazine is the most affordable magazine option. It has nice patterns, but none of the freebies and frills the other magazines offer. Short on pattern books at first I bought a few magazines and I bought one because it has a pattern of six stylized sailboats going along in a row. The boats are all equal in size, but different in design. The original is all red, white and blue, but I immediately saw the possibility of each of my six being remembered as one of the boats. It’s a sea theme, and an excuse to bond with my kids. 
The boats used four colors on each boat, so I asked my children to pick 4 skeins of their favorite colors at JoAnn’s crafts. Most ended up choosing from my stash, but they did it and I’m all set. I have no idea how all those different colors will look like in the end, but they are pretty on their floss drops. I’ll keep you posted on my progress.


 

No comments: