Tuesday, January 03, 2023

Christy Anne Jones, writer, YouTuber, traveller


Christy Anne Jones is also an excellent enabler of mischief. She was one of my first discoveries on BookTube, and I find her videos soothing while also being inspiring. She does things like write a thousand words and appreciate the progress that represents. If you are a writer you know the maturity of that and how hard it is not to want two thousand words. She also tries out famous writers routines, and this is where the mischief happened. She modeled Haruki Murakami’s routine which starts at the insane hour of four am and includes hard exercise. I don’t know what made me think I could do that, even a modified version of that, but I tried. Complete chaos with my circadian rhythm ensued. I did manage to get a glimpse at what my own working rhythm, but I could not even approximate Mr. Murakami. Neither could Christy Anne, and I love her for that.

More recently she tried out Virginia Wolf and Donna Tartt. They seem more reasonable, but I’m still muddling along with the wreckage of my Murakami efforts. Christy Anne is based in Australia and has lived in Japan for a time. She is organizing a trip to Japan that sounds wonderful and you could preview it sort of by reading her book A Year in Tokyo

Give her a watch. The quiet sense of moving forward is catching.

https://www.youtube.com/@christy-anne-jones/videos


No comments: