Monday, October 31, 2022

Green Means Go!


 I am one text away from finishing my Crowhook/Simply Hooked Ancients project. In my Bullet Journal I mark those texts in red both on the day I read them to putting them on  the bookshelf when I finish them. I also read other serious literature and some fun books. Organizing my reading has led to my reading books that were always for “some day.” My “some day” books included A Brief History of Time, the only book you will see marked in green on my charts and shelf. I have wanted to read Stephen Hawking's tour de force for decades, but early prohibitions had gotten in the way. When I finally decided that I can choose my own reading the book gradually left the frozen zone until B&N offered an illustrated version bundled with The Universe in a Nutshell at a very nice price that I wanted enough to pledge my reading time to. 

I have not been disappointed. The illustrations, examples and most of all the humor kept me riding along in a world I don’t know well. It lived up to my expectations which were high for a book so long black-listed. There is nothing revolutionary in there. It’s just our best guess of how things work. What was everyone so worried about? I don’t know, but it’s a great book and lots of fun, well worth breaking my primary colors only plan for.

No comments: