Friday, October 07, 2022

Wish Book


I grew up on the Sears and J.C.Penney Christmas Wish Books. Every year they would arrive in the mail, and my sister and I would get out different color ink pens and mark what we wanted. The toy section was the only thing interesting at first, but after wearing those pages out it was intriguing to see what adults might want Santa to bring. ToysRUs had a version my kids enjoyed, but recently there has been a void in the catalog tradition. Amazon has brought forth a new version with a new vision.

The beautiful stickers caught my attention on the first flip through. It pointed me back to the happy, little Christmas story about two friends that ties this highly interactive catalog together. Sprinkled throughout the lively pictures of potential presents are games and activities. I don’t have any little ones to share this with, so I’ll be toting around for those moments usually wasted on waiting. If you have one of these in your mail, don’t throw it out. Get it to a kid to enjoy this Christmas.
 

No comments: