Saturday, September 03, 2022

The Terrible Thing about Tiggers


 
I love a schedule. I like to lay out my goals and divide up my time and settle into “getting-it-done.” Left to my own devices I would seldom change anything as long as I was making progress on my goals. This summer I experimented with schedule quite a bit, and found one that mostly functioned. I was quite pleased not realizing that school was coming and that it still has the power to shred my plans. I am bereft, confused, watching my goals get further away. I am also connecting with my kids in new ways as they still need my help for running to and fro. A starting time for my day is now non-negotiable, I can stop dithering between my Puritanical side and the practical side of my life. 

I suppose I was a well-risen Pooh bear and the Tigger of school time knocked down the dough. I shouldn’t worry all those yeasts will make sure I rise again. 


No comments: