Friday, August 26, 2022

The Cruel Prince


 Sometimes I don’t know who I am if I’m not pushing. I met with my doctor and she said I need to eat more and ease up on my self-improvement projects. I went straight from her office to Steak and Shake and got a Frisco Melt, cheesy fries and a sweet tea. It was delicious. Not long after I went to Barnes and Noble where I bought The Inner Work of Age realized I was doing it again only differently, so I added The Cruel Prince to my pile. I’ve been researching Book Tube, ok, mostly watching Ariel Bissett. I’m thinking of starting a Book Tube channel about my Crowhook project. In the meantime a lot of chatty people had The Cruel Prince on their shelves, and since these people make reading their special project it would augur that the book was good.

And it was! The world is well-imagined and fun once you are adjusted to Jude’s well-earned PTSD. You cared about the characters whether you loved or hated them you took the energy to care. The plot was great and she handled the murky depths of the main romance with no let up of tension even on the last page, and yet you were satisfied. Money well spent. I might need The Wicked King.


No comments: