Tuesday, September 27, 2022

A Good Thing


 This is what happens when I discover something that is very useful and then discover that it is hard to acquire and/or might be disappearing all together. My normal parameters about storage space and budget concerns become secondary and at times forgotten. In this case I discovered 8 1/2 x11 composition books at Office Max. (I love to shop their store. It is my Zen temple.) They are my preferred size of paper to write on, and I do write by hand. I had given up on spiral bound notebooks because they aren’t as hardy and they fall apart. The pages of this large composition book are sewn in and my work is more secure. 

The panic struck when I went to Office Max and found only a handful of the large composition books and on clearance. I had adopted the LCB as standard practice, and was having great success. I bought what they had, and then went on a search for other vendors. I can be very particular about wanting the same thing over and over, but with procurement uncertain I had to relax my guidelines. Whenever I found a new vendor, I bought at least three, and as this search was carried on casually I did not keep track of inventory. 

Today I started organizing some piles and discovered a mountain of LCB. I can quit worrying and keep working. It is nice to have a good supply of a good product at hand, but I prefer to let Office Max carry my inventory. 





No comments: