Thursday, May 27, 2010

Nifty Galifty


I'm having one of those precious moments when life makes sense. Things I've always wanted but was afraid to reach for or say are now de rigeur. I have the kids. I have my writing, and I have my studies. I'm going to read my way through the Great Books starting by alternating ancient and modern until they meet at medieval, hopefully Shakespeare. The medieval is my favorite period, so I wanted to save it for a reward at the end. I'm going to skip the scientists with the possible exception of Darwin. Instead I'll be working in masterworks of literature and philosophy from the East. For back up I have way too many Teaching Company Videos. I'll only need one on Eastern thinking to be confident I can meet whatever challenges I may face. Final exams will be children's stories based on one of the Great Ideas. I'm making it all up as I go along, but I needed something pseudo-official to hold it together. I consider myself enrolled in the Owl Correspondence School. I even have our little X puppet up in my room to inspire me.
Reach for the things that matter, even if you have to do it yourself.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Isn't it wonderful with the Lord gives us the desires of our heart! Sometimes I have to pinch myself because I can't believe I am finally a mom. That was my #1 desire since I was a child and yet it didn't happen until I was 36 (not counting miscarriages). Enjoy the good gifts that God has given you!