Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Nothing's As Cute As a Button. :)


What might have been. Just after number four came along I got all excited about aprons. I wanted my grandmother's housecoat and I couldn't find it anywhere except on specialty websites. My longing was so strong that I contracted to pay quite a bit for an apron of my own made from scratch. I like to sew, but I'm not terribly good at it. The apron, when it arrived was a marvel, and I knew I would want more. Vintage or new, I didn't care. It stood to reason that there were more women like me. I worked up a business plan with the creator of my apron where I would sell and she would sew. It didn't work out, so I went to work developing a business of my own--Button Aprons. My inexperience got in the way and I sank my initial capital into an unsellable design. We paid off the loan and went back to our regular life and a new baby.
Yesterday, walking through Meijer I came across one the apron styles that were hot back then. The price was 13 dollars. How can anyone compete with that? I ran my fingers over the fabric and wondered what might have been.

No comments: