Sunday, June 13, 2010

Meet the Love Bug Bag!


I will admit to being a softie whose modus operandi is more oriented toward praise than consequences. I also find it hard to pass up neat gizmos the kids might like. I shop the bargain bins at every store looking for cool stuff at a good price. In the past I didn't manage that very well, handing things out because they were there. It led to spoiled kids who gave me a shopping list when I went out and it wasn't for carrots or broccoli.
Combining both tendencies into one program I've been doing better at connecting achievement to reward. Walmart had a cute and cheap bag covered with hearts, and I was instantly inspired. I bought it and we call it "the love bug bag." I put all my finds in the bag and kids who do well get to choose something special. We will soon be going on a trip and normally I'd be scrounging up things to keep the kids busy on the road. This time everything is already in the bag, literally--what a blessing on several levels.

No comments: