Friday, December 08, 2006

Cookie Crazy

I've been feeling the mood coming on for a couple of weeks now. Some have a need for speed. I have a need to bake. Christmas is the time to unabashedly indulge in cookies, cookies and more cookies. I can't tell if it's all the fussing and the mixing and the monitoring of the oven or if it's the sheer joy of such variety, creativity and abundance. I love baking cookies. The last time this mood struck with full force I ended up with something like 80 or 90 dozen cookies in the freezer. I put them to good use. I made up tins full of samples of each variety and gave them to the neighbors.
This year I'm only planning on twenty batches which will yield somewhere around 30 or 40 dozen.
If you live nearby, be looking for three different kinds of brownie, three different rolled and cut cookies and four drop cookies. I'm only really cutting loose in the brownie department, most of the cookies will be pretty standard, but still tasty. Big Lots let me down on the tins, so I'll need to find alternative packaging, but I'm pretty creative. Something will come to me. Everybody else, well, I'm sorry, but you should move closer I'd like to see more of you anyway.
Merry Christmas and Happy Baking.

No comments: