Thursday, December 28, 2023

Claire Saffitz: Expert.

 

When I was thinking about You Tube cooking channels I watch I realized I was fairly light on women. After thousands of years of oppression I feel women should be given every leg up they can get, so I started reviewing the channels with women. It turns out I watch a lot of women, but usually on the standard channels, Food Network and such. You Tube rewards the aggressive personality and that’s usually men.

Hunting through the You Tube channels I remembered Claire Saffitz. When I am working out a new bread or dessert recipe I gather expert advice, and Claire has always been on the list of experts I consult. She slipped my mind because she is so obviously adept. She had made it to the magic circle of Martha, Ina, and America’s Test Kitchen complete. 

Claire knows her stuff. She is also prone to small mistakes that make good television. I don’t worry when trying her recipes, and I enjoy watching her make things I’d never attempt. She is as sciency as ATK and real as Martha and Ina. She is particularly focused on breads and desserts. My family runs on these categories during the holidays and all new recipes are welcome. Claire is fun to watch and truly educational. What more could you ask for? Go and see for yourself.


https://www.youtube.com/c/ClaireSaffitzxDessertPerson



No comments: