Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Mummy



This is our third trip through the ancients.  Mummifying a chicken has been on the activity list every time.  My older girls are more squeamish, and they vetoed it both times.  My younger three are more adventuresome, so we are mummifying a chicken.  I am thrilled because anything that brings history to life so vividly is my idea of good teaching.  This also is major bragging right as we'll be working on The Book of the Dead.  Learning the curse for the spirit that swallowed an ass is worth the price of admission right there.  Homeschooling is the best.

1 comment:

Joss said...

what a great idea. I considered home schooling my son, but it isn't something you see so much over here and I just didn't know where to start. With Kye; however, school has been a blessing as he just loves it and being an only child it gives him chance to enjoy time with more people his own age.