Sunday, September 22, 2013

Aural Sedative

I heard this wonderful song on The Folk Sampler last night.  It is by Leslie Eliel, and the title is If Nobody Sees.  It is beautiful to listen to, as well.


I saw you this morning though we did not speak
I watched you ride by looking tired and weak
Your body was saying Can I really go on
And I thought to myself, feeling sadly

I know nothing about you, if you're hungry or fed
If you're living alone or sharing your bed
But I saw that your beauty was hidden by pain
And that no one was there at your side

You thought you were alone as you struggled and tried
Pulling all of your strength from somewhere inside
Though I could not, I wanted to call you by name
And to sing to your heart and your sorrow.

May you always sleep well in a comfortable bed
May you have what you need of money and bread
And may you always have at least one loyal friend
Or a lover who knows when to hold you

May you always feel safe and at peace in your home
May the tears that you share be not always your own
And if you have young children may you always have time
To be with them, or alone, as you want to

And when your time is done on this earth here below
May your body and mind choose the same time to go
May you leave satisfied, knowing you did your best
And if nobody sees that, well I did.

1 comment:

Joss said...

Oh I love that, what a beautiful lyrics I will have to see if I can find it on youtube :)