Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Time for me

Unlikely as it may seem I am discovering that the more time I set aside for myself the more time and energy I have for others, Currently, I take four mornings and one afternoon to workout at Curves, and I take two evenings to work on my novel. Kurt and I have also set aside one evening a week for date night. Before instituting these personal times, I was always dragging, and finding ways to retreat into my own space. Now that I have regular times set aside to nurture my well-being and personal interests, I find myself looking for ways to incorporate Kurt and the kids into the other things I'm doing. Working the kids into the household chores is happening more naturally, and I'm doing a better job of training and supervising. I don't mind a kid snuggling next to me while I fold laundry or read. I take a kid along to do the grocery shopping and other errands.
This phenomenon is puzzling. When I devoted all my time to my family, I was less interested in them. Now that I'm being "selfish" I'm eager to be with them. Life is funny sometimes

No comments: