Thursday, August 03, 2006

Silence

Today is one of those days when the loveliest sound I can imagine is complete silence. The older girls are taking swim classes and while I am delighted with their joy and their success in the classes, the younger ones and I are getting thoroughly crabby with the humidity and the boredom of sitting and watching them swim. Add to that the pressure I've put on myself to keep writing, and the way that my writer's group has cranked up the pressure to write well, and I just want to shut up and not say anything. I want to go off into the deepest woods I can find and put in ear plugs. I'd like to just sit and listen to nothing until I finally hear it. It feels like I've been years away from stillness, and there is nothing I want more.
So, my apologies world if I'm too quiet for your taste. My bucket is empty. I need to return to the stillness to fill it.

No comments: