Wednesday, May 31, 2006

a lick and a promise

Last entry I hadn't put a lick of work into summer--can't say that anymore. Dad and I started paneling my office, aka the fitness room, aka the furnace room, aka family storage. The paneling is lovely, but it's more challenging than anticipated. At one point we had the entire family in the little basement room holding the panel in place in the dark because we'd accidently removed the light switch toggle, and it had flipped itself to off just before it fell off. I'm testing out the idea of converting to Catholicism, so I was trying very hard to remember which Saint is in charge of electricians. I didn't have much luck being a newcomer to all this Saint business. I ended up resorting to St. Jude who seemed both appropo and multi-purpose. The panel is up, the light switch is back on, and we're still ready to tackle the rest of it today, so my try it before you buy it approach is holding up.
All of that to say, I'm too busy to put together much poetry or stories. I'll try to do better tomorrow. If worst comes to worst, I'll pull something out of a file.
Blessings!

No comments: