Tuesday, November 08, 2022

Watch This Space


 I am working on a Homeschool Co-op/After School Club curriculum studying history through literature. When I was a child I wanted to read books by people who really lived in ancient/medieval times. In my curriculum that’s exactly what we do, and what fun I have had planning out the why and hows of it all. I have selected texts that are either world classics or they are rich in information about the period. Reading it all proved a daunting task, but as I moved each post-it from a text cover to the door frame I could feel things taking shape. The twenty five texts I chose for the Ancient’s section are…

The Myth of Isis and Osiris

The Tale of Sinuhe

The Egyptian Book of the Dead

Exodus

Temple Poems by Enheduanna

Code of Hammurabi

The Enuma Elish

The Epic of Gilgamesh

Tao Te Ching by Lao Tzu

The Art of War Sun Tzu

The Iliad by Homer

The Odyssey by Homer

Histories by Herodotus

Antigone by Sophocles

Death of Socrates by Plato

Poetics by Aristotle

Daniel

The Analects of Confucius

Bhagavad Gita

Pali Canon 

The Gallic Wars by Julius Caesar

The Aeneid by Virgil

Mark

Plutarch’s Lives

Confessions by Augustine


Keep you eyes peeled. I am planning to post sample lessons from each level of my program. If you are interested I’d love some feedback.

No comments: