Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Cong Done

 


The ocean is one of my happy places. It started with Jacques Cousteau when I was very small, and it grows with each in-person visit. Cross stitch is also an old favorite of mine, and I’m working my way back into the habit. This is the third piece I’ve completed in this revival, the others being a beach scene and a panda bear. I am a monogamous stitcher, so whatever I’m working on, I’m working on. It takes how long it takes. This was nearly a year, but it was a fun year and I’m happy with it. I made some mistakes, some more blatant than others, and for the most part I left them. 

The artist who created the pattern is Emma Congdon and she has produced three beautiful books full of mottos like “A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor” Cross Stitch for the Soul, Cross Stitch for the Earth and Cross Stitch for the Heart. I will do more in the future. You should definitely give them a look if you like cross stitch or fancy mottos. They are all easy to find on Amazon or Etsy. Here is her personal web page — http://www.emmacongdon.com/


No comments: