Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Work in Progress

 

My fellow cross stitch enthusiasts would say that this is my WIP. I wouldn’t know anything about such hip jargon if it weren’t for a return to cross stitching and Floss Tube. I liked cross stitching a lot when was young, but children and cross stitch do not belong together so after long thought I kept the kids. 

In any case, I went back to stitching and I have finished two projects, a panda and a sea scene. I am a “monogamous stitcher” which means I only work on one project at a time. It also means I should finish things faster, but I usually only manage one or two “strings” a day.

I’m about halfway through my current project which is from Emma Congden’s pattern book, Cross Stitch for the Soul. I chose this nautical saying so that I could start a collection for a beach wall, but the soul improving properties of my daily stringy meditation is taking affect. It comes to mind readily when I face difficulties. Sometimes the pattern is the difficulty. I have made so many mistakes, but I’ve decide to stitch on instead of “frogging” the mistakes out and doing it over.

If you’re looking for a hobby, cross stitch is fun and cheap. Check it out on You Tube. It’s a huge and fun community.




No comments: