Monday, January 20, 2014

Now Serving Number One


Today is the first anniversary of my collaborative blog, The Shepherd's fish.  When I started it I hoped to reconnect with friends and to get better at blogging .  Both wishes have been granted.  As we have opened our lives to each other, we have found support and courage, facing together the trials of our lives.  We've also found humor, kindness, and a broader perspective on the work of God in the world.  We've talked about everything from runaway dogs to runaway kids and laughed and cried at both of them.  I'm so thankful to God for this godly gaggle and the way they've used this new strength to reach out and grow, touching other lives.  It's a beautiful ripple as we leap up to praise our Shepherd.
 I've been learning how to listen to Jesus, and this time I think I got it right.  The result has done good and brought new strength instead of new stress.  I am glad I obeyed.  The more I test the work in my life in this way, the more I realize how important it is to be sure my service is not for anyone else but Christ for his yoke is easy and his burden is light.

No comments: