Saturday, January 04, 2014

Hanging Up My Straight Jacket


There are things I've committed to doing in order to break free from the internal prison of fundamentalism.  
1.  I reserve my primary energy for my kids.
2.  I write both for my novel and for my personal blog.
3.  I take my friends wherever I find them.  I don't check ID, political affiliation, or theological preferences anymore.
4.  I make time and means for growing in my relationships, most importantly with my husband, but also on Shepherd's fish and in my local 3D life.
5.  I work on projects to make the world better, currently raising funds for St. Martin DePorres Orphanage in Tanzania.
6.  I read the Great Books for my own enrichment and to teach at the Homeschool Cooperative.
7.  Last but most important, I grow in my Catholic faith.

No comments: