Monday, July 08, 2013

A Moment's Peace



We park right by this little table every day, but I didn't notice it until now.  It's just the sort of place where I like to work.  The cicadas are in full song, and light has grown dim.  This is the kind of moment you always hope for, but find it hard to arrange.  We made it to the beach.  Jimmy had his super glue, his band aids and his water shoes, and at first he was too wrapped up in his sand castle to go in the water.  The siren song caught his ear at last and his daddy took him out on his hip.  He seemed to be fine, but after a few minutes at home his wound was open again.  He'll be staying home and taking it easy away from the beach from now on.  In a show of solidarity all the young ones and menfolk went to see Monsters Inc 2.  We women went out, shopping the stores downtown, and made a brief stop at Barnes and Noble.  My idea journal has disappeared and I needed to replace it.  I don't know if I'll be able to recreate all the ideas I had for three different novels, poetry, and blogs, but I have to try.  It might have to wait for home where I can find a moment's peace.
For now it's a comfort to know we are all working together to help Jimmy.  Sometimes the best peace is in a crowded living room watching mind-numbing cartoons with a foot in your lap.

No comments: