Monday, August 13, 2012

Fan

The University of Michigan's Fan Day has a way of restoring my faith in humanity.  To see so many people taking such great pleasure in things like meeting football players and talking to cheerleaders; throwing your own touchdown or kicking field goals; or in my case taking off my sandals so I could feel the soft, bouncy astro-turf between my toes.  Michigan's stadium is the third largest in the world and you see that on TV, but you don't really feel it until you're there.  Likewise Michigan is one of the world's great universities, but you don't see it until you are there.  The campus is beautiful, even the North Campus where my engineering husband's, favorite memories are.  He looks at a parking lot, remembering picking up a car and relocating it with his friends.  I look at the quaint houses and think, someday, when the kids are gone...

No comments: