Tuesday, November 08, 2011

My Favorite Bible Character


David and his mighty men were my favorites growing up. My very favorite is Eleazar, son of Dodai the Ahohite. He and David went on and on about the Lord before a battle with the Philistines. When the battle began the Hebrew line broke and everyone ran--except Eleazar, who fought on alone rather than make a mockery of his boasting about the Lord. The Bible says he fought until the sword froze to his hand, and that the Hebrews returned only to strip the dead. I've always admired that.
Michele Duggar is pregnant again. I'm not really happy for her to tell you the truth, but I don't think she's going for number 20 because it's a round number. We all chase God in our own ways, and fearsome indeed are some of our bargains. As a Catholic I pray that Eleazar walks with them in this challenge and whatever else they feel called to answer to.

No comments: