Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Mr. Magorium's Shoe Emporium

These are the shoes that  I would order in enough quantity to last my entire life.  Wearing them is like going barefoot on your personal piece of floor.  They are cute without being flashy.  I feel happy every time I put them on.  Five years ago, Kurt said it was OK to upgrade to Land's End because I wear my shoes into the ground.  I thought they'd be available forever, but I guess you have to turn to L.L. Bean for that kind of persistence of vision. 
I'm hoping to be as fortunate with my recent purchase of a leather backpack.  Carrying every book, for every class, everywhere during college facilitated a great social life and a good GPA.  It also remodeled my shoulders and made carrying anything on one shoulder painful.  The addition of the iPad and nook to my life and purse has been great except for the weight.  When I realized I was getting a cart to carry the purse, I decided to quit pushing the issue and get a backpack.  Le Donne had several good options at fairly reasonable prices.  I love the Everything Women's Backpack.  Everything together it weighs 8.4 pounds, but split between shoulders and pulling in a slightly different way it feels comparatively light as a feather.
If I felt more certain about the durability of the straps I might stock up.  I sure do wish I had with my shoes.

3 comments:

Joss said...

I too love my shoes and am always loath to get new ones. New ones just never feel the same their so stiff and ridged.

Christine Ansorge said...

These are magic. It's something about the way they stitched the leather to the shoe. They've been great from the first time I put them on.

Ferrum said...

I love shopping too! but my favorite things to shop are shoes :)
Please visit me at shapeurexperience.blosgpot.com
there you can share your passion!