Saturday, May 21, 2011

anti apocalypse

I grew up listening to people talk about the Apocalypse, certain it was coming soon. Any bad weather, the European Union, credit cards, the United Nations, the legalization of abortion etc. could set off a round of excited talk about the rapture--unless you were mid-tribulation or post-tribulation. They tended to be very serious and less likely to see the judgement of God in everything. I suppose it's the difference between being whisked off to a party and being one of those who will complete the number of martyrs.
I don't know the ins and outs of the group that thinks they've finally figured God's puzzle out. I keep my distance from those things now that I can, but I know they are wrong. I have my reasons and they don't matter, because the most obvious one is how much love there is in in the world. Friend's calls, my husband's kisses, my children's warm hugs, there is no way the world is ending tonight.

No comments: