Monday, September 20, 2010

It's Electric!


My friend Dan is a talented man. He first wowed me with a sci fi/fantasy piece which he found difficult to sell, so he wrote something else entirely, a historical mystery written at the time when the automobile was new and rapidly transforming American society. The characters of The Detroit Electric Scheme are fascinating and carefully drawn and nothing about this book is typical. True history and imagination are carefully blended to thicken the soup. The book was only launched a few days ago and a second edition is already on order. Get your first edition quick so you can say you were there from the beginning of this excellent series. (I've read bits and pieces of the second and I can say that it only gets better as you go along.)
It's also available as an ebook for you nook, but I can't ask Dan to sign those.

No comments: