Monday, November 17, 2008

Facebook


I finally joined something on-line. I did it initially because Facebook was the only way to contact someone I needed to hear from. My account just sat there until a high school friend found me and the connections game was off and running. At first, I was going to delete the account, but how to do it without offending the people who'd found me? After a while the whole thing grew on me, and I did my own searches.
I'm up to around 25 people, and I'm thinking about chilling out. To have so many people from so many different time periods suddenly present in my life again is overwhelming. Elementary school rivalry mixed with former students mixed with people that were only part of my life for a brief but powerful moment. I'm a bit dizzy from it all.
I didn't think so many people remembered me. It's very nice to find that they do. I guess I'll need to adjust to the emotional clutter.

No comments: