Thursday, March 06, 2008

Baby Drive

A year or two ago, I was working on a book called Pregnant Rituals. The book was a compilation of all the little things I do to cope with pregnancy. For some reason I got bored with it and set it aside. I don't think I'll be picking it back up, but I am picking back up on the rituals. It's instinctive. Coping mechanisms that made past pregnancies doable push themselves forward insisting that they get done.
The first is filling the freezer. I currently have 62 main dishes frozen and 11 side dishes. Later this afternoon I hope to make some garlic mashed potato sides to round everything out. I think after the mashed potatoes I'll be done with that. Mentally, I've moved on to deep cleaning and organizing the house. Things that have sat on the to-do list for far too long are being attended to, and lots of stuff will be going to Goodwill. One room at a time, that's the strategy for getting through such a huge task. After the house is put in order, I'll start scrubbing up and organizing all the baby things. I like to have everything laid out and waiting. Finally, I pack a bag for the hospital. I hope I still have the little bag I use. It may have been a casualty of the maternity purge.
I hope you have as big a blessing to motivate you to freshen up your life, today. Blessings!

No comments: