Saturday, August 04, 2007

Decor, Once More


It's that time of year again. The basement must be cleaned and organized and redecorated for school. For the past two years, I've been satisfied with the way the room is set up, but this year seems like a good time to change it up. Don't tell the kids, but I've been looking at some very cute Cottage Bear Accessories that will turn our basement classroom into a cozy woodland cottage. I haven't committed yet, but I'm very tempted.
The other possibility would be to go all out with the ancient civilizations theme, but we'll be moving through them so rapidly I'm not sure I could keep up. I like to have decor settled for the year. I'm not a new bulletin board every month sort of a teacher.
In any case, I've got to buckle down and get all of last year's drek and material sorted and organized and put away. All my new curriculum has arrived and is anxiously waiting to take over the shelf space. I have to do something with my office as well. I'm afraid that it's been overtaken by Heifer and Harriet, and there is little to no room for school.
That said, I must quit blogging and get to it.

No comments: