Monday, February 20, 2006

just a general thanks

I just feel grateful today to the universe and the creator of it. Thanks to everyone and everything for being so good to me. Life isn't perfect, but it's good. This has been such a terrifying experiment. I still wake up in the middle of the night certain that the only thing to do is to run downstairs and delete all of this, but resisting the impulse is paying off. Thanks for listening so patiently and politely. I hope I have things to say worth hearing and that I can express them in such a way that they are a pleasure to hear.

Thank you for supporting my hope.

1 comment:

Steve Poling said...

Gratitude is the mark of the Christian.

Nietzsche's gift to Christianity (unintentional) was to warn folks not to confuse cause and effect. It's a gift to the Christian because we look at faith and works, seeing cause and effect, NOT effect and cause. The road to hell is filled with folks who try to buy grace by good works.

Salvation causes good works and NOT the obverse! The Christian bothers about all the goodie two shoes stuff for one basic reason: Gratitude.