Tuesday, February 27, 2024

To Infinity and Beyond

I feel a strong sense of loyalty to Nabisco, particularly their immortal Oreo cookies. In my childhood they were fancy treats enjoyed with order and respect. I have spent decades developing the best protocol for eating an Oreo cookie, but that is a tale already told. I am a Double Stuff girl, but when Oreo comes out with a new flavor I am inclined to give it a try. The tombstone version was beyond perfect for dirt pudding. My children like to indulge in specialty flavors now and then particularly mint and lemon, so when I saw the new “Space Dunk” Oreos it was a slam dunk right into my grocery basket.

The cookies are fun to look at with their peek-a-boo cut outs and colored cream. Taking them apart to eat the cream separately, while generally a good idea, fails here. The vanilla has been increased in the cookie portion in order to meet the cream, and while the experience isn’t unpleasant it isn’t one I’d seek out. Eating the cream separately also seems to dampen the experience of the pop rocks, yes, Pop Rocks, exploding in your mouth. This is one Oreo which is better together. 

Overall it’s a fun experience I recommend. 
 

No comments: