Sunday, December 18, 2022

Redeeming Time with Sarah, the Stitchin’ Mommy


 Flosstube was the second circle of Youtube that drew me in and met needs. I watch lots of Flosstube channels. Stitchin’ Mommy stands out because of Sarah’s emphasis on order, her goal orientation and the wide variety of kinds of cross stitch work. She’s very professional laying out how much time will go to which projects, but she’s not shy about starting new things. Her skill set is the widest I’ve seen taking us from basic cross stitches to a sampler that requires several new stitches for each letter of the alphabet. She does beading and often finishes her own pieces.

Some Flosstube channels focus on a single type of cross stitch work such as samplers or full-coverage. Sarah does a little bit of everything including creating her own designs, and she frequently mixes things up. If I did a Flosstube channel everyone would die of boredom because I’m project monogamous and I take forever to make progress. Sarah’s got lots of interesting work, and her work ethic puts her close to a finish most updates.

Sarah was the first Flosstuber I saw using a calendar to plan when her next stitch would be. Since then there have been a few specialized cross stitch calendars, but as I saw it Sarah was the first. She is still one of few that plan when they will stitch next instead of what stitching has been done. I will never have such a life, but I admire it greatly.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvF4EjBW6Hp3E_9YG3ezEGw

https://www.etsy.com/shop/StitchinMommy

No comments: