Saturday, December 03, 2022

Bibliotherapy

 

I have a mental bookshelf, my real bookshelves are too crammed at the moment, where I keep useful children’s books. Books on the shelf include Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle, Charlotte’s Web and Harriet the Spy. I am always scouting new ones because a book can be a very kind and gentle helper to a child who is struggling. The Christmas Pig will live on my shelf forever. Dealing with the tricky business of irretrievably lost things, it had me crying. J.K. Rowling attempts numerous things, including devising a positive feeling about recycling, and she succeeds at most of them. CP is such a complex character. I defy anyone to read this book and not long to bring him home. It’s simply beautiful. I love it when authors create such high quality products for children. This is a good book to read year round.

No comments: