Sunday, March 27, 2022

Tiny Markers


 I am a visual thinker. I like to have all the markers and giant paper to map out ideas, plots, or organizing strategies. My adult go to system has been 11x17 paper and three sizes of every color of Sharpie. This is satisfactory, but not portable. I’m used to having lots of appointments and such where I try to capture time before it is lost, but planning wasn’t a good function for that nomadic work life because three big mugs of markers and the unwieldy paper didn’t travel well.

Yesterday, I was sitting in the living room when the muse struck with fury and I wanted to get to work right then. I had bought a set of Papermate flair markers for a child who rejected them. I tried to interest another of my children, same result. I decided if they didn’t want them they would suit my purpose and I took them up. Did they suit my purpose? Did they ever! They have tiny little nibs which allowed me to fit about the same amount of information on an 8 1/2x11 sheet of paper which was handy next to the printer as compared to the giant 11x17 paper in my office. I am no longer chained to my desk. I can plan efficiently anywhere.

It’s the little things that make work lighter. Papermate Flair Felt Tip Markers for sale in a good size set at Costco.

No comments: